Your home’s first showing is online. That’s why it’s important for your internet curb appeal and marketing exposure to be top-notch.
In this interview, I talk to Scot Drucker—a Compass real estate agent based in Miami, Florida—about how he leverages his sports background and network to represent athletes buying and selling luxury real estate.
We also discuss a variety of online marketing techniques, from Instagram campaigns to single listing websites, and share expert advice about finding an agent who knows what it takes to get your home sold.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
- How the Oakland Raiders moving to Las Vegas might affect the market.
- How Instagram can be used to market and sell properties.
- What kind of real estate marketing goes on behind the scenes.
- Strategies to get more potential buyers through the door.
- What “single listing websites” are and when to use them.
- Advice for sellers interviewing agents.
- Why sellers should make an effort to accommodate every showing.
- When sellers should get an appraisal before going to market.
- Strategies for dealing with repair negotiations.
- “Stay relevant, stay present.” – Scot Drucker
- “Just having an Instagram or a Facebook page isn’t enough.” – Rob Jensen
- “There’s a plethora of marketing opportunities that go on behind the scenes.” – Scot Drucker
- “Most people’s first showing is online.” – Rob Jensen
- “Accommodating every showing is important. You never know if an affluent buyer is only in town for the week.” – Scot Drucker
- “Whether it’s for an inspection or an appraisal, that $1,500 is salt in the water.” – Scot Drucker
- “Selling the home is only the first part of the battle.” – Rob Jensen
- “When you negotiate repairs, focus on the roof, plumbing, and electric.” – Scot Drucker
- “If you don’t want to deal with an issue, the person buying your home definitely won’t want to deal with it.” – Rob Jensen
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Once dubbed “the most interesting man in baseball,” Scot made his mark pitching for the Oakland Athletics and Detroit Tigers and continued on in countries all across the globe, including Venezuela, Taiwan, and Canada. No matter where his travels took him, Scot always returned home to his native Miami, where he became a sports agent with Paragon Sports International.
Scot was equally successful in sports management; negotiating multi-million dollar contracts and securing millions in marketing and endorsement deals, as well as using social media platforms to brand over 50 professional athletes.
He continued from there to help his clients in buying and renting properties across the country for their personal and professional use. “My goal is service to my clients …first and foremost!”
***GET IN TOUCH WITH SCOT DRUCKER***
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.