When it comes to selling your home, the asking price you choose can make or break your real estate deal.
In this interview with Jenna McKay—a Compass real estate agent based in New York City—discover why pricing your home correctly the first time is so important, learn some great tactics for marketing your property with video, and find out how long distance agents are able to provide service for clients who aren’t physically there.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
- What “aspirational pricing” is
- What kind of physical preparation do you need to sell a home
- What is meant by “co-brokering.”
- When you might want to have an appraisal before listing.
- Ways to market to global buyers.
- How a video helped reach buyers worldwide.
- Whether a 3D Matterport tour might be right for your property.
- What the market is like in New York City.
- Tips for buyers looking for real estate in New York.
- Tips for sellers looking to sell in New York.
- “Buyers won’t come to see a house in person if they’re not impressed by how it shows online.” – Rob Jensen
- “We are selling lifestyles along with the properties.” – Rob Jensen
- “Showcase the value of what you’re selling.” – Jenna McKay
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Meticulous and efficient, Jenna combines Compass technology with a genuine approach to real estate. Known for building life-long friendships with her clients, connecting with the wonderful and diverse people of New York is her favorite aspect of being a broker.
Born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and raised by Russian immigrant parents in Northern California, Jenna has a unique understanding and appreciation of different cultures. “It’s not just a transaction. It’s about saving my clients time and delighting them with an above-and-beyond service,” she says.
Passionate about learning and constantly looking to redefine the role of a broker, Jenna is an expert in social media and digital marketing, for which she has received multiple accolades. Her innovative approach has consistently led to referrals from both her clients and her peers.
***GET IN TOUCH WITH JENNA MCKAY***
Email: [email protected]
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.