Today we bust the myth that real estate auctions are just for desperate sellers.
Selling a luxury property is difficult, even in the best of markets. In this interview with Chad Roffers of Concierge Auctions, find out how real estate auctions are filling the void for sellers of high-end properties who want speed, certainty, and control in this competitive market.
You’ll learn about the challenges sellers are facing in the traditional market, whether a real estate auction might be right for you, how much an auction costs, and more.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
- Why luxury real estate auctions are growing in popularity.
- The ins and outs of the auction process.
- The difference between a reserve and no-reserve auction.
- How to get the best reserve number.
- How much an auction costs for both buyers and sellers.
- What price range a home auction is good for.
- Pro tips for choosing the right real estate broker.
- “We live in a virtual world, where everything is magnified.” – Chad Roffers
- “Do I like it? Do I want it? Am I ready to compete?” – Rob Jensen
- “We can take any property in the world, have it marketed, exposed, and sold.” – Chad Roffers
- “To change the industry, first you have to understand it.” – Chad Roffers
- “Selling a luxury property is difficult, even in the best of markets.” – Chad Roffers
- “Auctions create the competition and that creates buyer confidence.” – Rob Jensen
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Chad Roffers is the Chairman of global luxury real estate company, Concierge Auctions. Chad Roffers initial passion for technology was what ultimately led to his real estate career. He was fortunate to work with the founding team of eBay in the time before the company went public, and it was his experience there which ultimately sparked a lightbulb moment for Chad. He became fascinated by the auction model and wondered why it hadn’t been used in real estate. Chad saw that real estate hadn’t adapted to new technology and there was a real opportunity there.
***GET IN TOUCH WITH CHAD ROFFERS***
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.