In the high-end real estate market, auctions aren’t just for sellers in distress.
On today’s episode, I interview Jeff Rhoades, the #1 producing agent for DeCaro Auctions International—a luxury real estate auction company with billions of dollars in sales under their belt.
Find out how DeCaro is using the competitive nature of auctions to create urgency, drive demand, and break sales price records.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
- Why real estate auctions are becoming more prevalent.
- The difference between luxury auctions and distressed auctions.
- How buyers, not sellers, ultimately choose the sales price.
- The timeframe of a typical luxury real estate auction.
- The psychology behind auctions.
- How the auction process helped a dead listing get 300 showings in 1 month.
- The difference between reserve and no-reserve auctions.
- What an auction costs for both buyers and sellers.
- The benefits of a live auction.
- “Buyers dictate price. Why not make them compete?” – Jeff Rhoades
- “Auctions sell opportunity. They sell greed.” – Jeff Rhoades
- “Deadlines create urgency.” – Rob Jensen
- “Your ability to sit on the market won’t get you the best sales price.” – Rob Jensen
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Jeff Rhoades is the #1 producing agent for DeCaro Auctions International. With an entrepreneurial heart and mindset, Jeff stumbled into the luxury auction space, where he has prevailed for the last eight years. For Jeff, this is the perfect mixture of travel, luxury real estate, people, and creativity.
***GET IN TOUCH WITH JEFF RHOADES***
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.