Just because someone’s a good friend doesn’t mean they’re a good real estate agent.
On this episode of Luxury Real Estate Talk, I interview Scott Aurich—a Coronado, California-based Realtor with over thirty years of diverse real estate experience.
Discover why it’s more important than ever to work with an experienced real estate agent, find out when you should start looking, and learn how to choose the right one for your unique situation—whether you’re a buyer or a seller.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
- What the market is like in Coronado, California.
- A unique perspective on real estate from a former developer.
- Why having a broker who knows the current inventory isn’t enough.
- The advantage of having insider information.
- How far in advance you should start looking for a real estate agent.
- Why print advertising is still important in the digital age.
- What it means to “do your homework” when choosing an agent.
- Why it’s critical to build a relationship with your agent.
- One quick hack to help you screen agents.
- Why you shouldn’t choose a part-time Realtor.
- Why your agent should have rapport in other markets.
- Bonus tips for buyers and sellers.
- “It’s critical to build a relationship with your agent.” – Scott Aurich
- “If you want to sell your home later, start planning now.” – Rob Jensen
- “Find an agent willing to invest in marketing.” – Scott Aurich
- “Real estate deals are not all done the same way.” – Scott Aurich
- “Discussing strategy is extremely important.” – Rob Jensen
- “Find someone who will showcase your property in the best possible way.” – Scott Aurich
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Scott has over thirty years of diverse real estate sales experience. He has also developed single-family subdivisions, custom homes, luxury condominiums, and affordable housing. This extensive background in sales and development provides his clients with insights into what potential a property may have.
Beginning in residential sales with his family’s real estate business then owning and operating one of the more successful real estate brokerages in Coronado, California, Scott has been helping buy and sell real estate in Coronado since 1989.
***GET IN TOUCH WITH SCOTT AURICH***
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.