This week, Terry Cohen—constantly ranked in the Top 1% of Agents Nationwide by the Wall Street Journal—shares her insight on a variety of luxury real estate topics, from navigating Broker/client relationships to lifestyle marketing and print media.
There’s a wealth of information available to so-called “armchair experts” these days, so what are buyers and sellers supposed to make of it all? In this one-on-one talk, Terry and I discuss all of this and more.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
- How to sort through all the knowledge available to buyers.
- Why the right Broker can help you make the best decisions.
- Ways to work with your Broker as a team.
- Why “armchair experts” are so common these days.
- Unrealistic expectations buyers have about getting a good deal.
- The truth behind deep discounts.
- Tips for pricing right.
- Terry’s definition of value.
- Whether price reductions make a seller look desperate.
- What kind of social media marketing is working for Terry.
- The importance of informative marketing.
- Innovative lifestyle marketing ideas.
- Whether print advertising is useful.
- How to find qualified buyers through print.
- Insights on Facebook’s organic reach.
- “If you have the right broker with you, you’ll end up getting the right house at the right price at the right time for yourself.”
- “It’s our job as Brokers to make sure that the buyer understands and has trust in what we say.”
- “Value isn’t necessarily a percentage off, it’s what you’re getting for the number.”
- “There are always buyers out there who watch too much real estate TV and will offer some silly price out of the gate.”
- “Being priced right and having the value there—that’s the most important thing.”
- “You never know where a buyer will come from, so use all sorts of media.”
- “Exposure is the name of the game.”
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Terry Cohen joined Saunders & Associates as one of the first agents of this fast growing luxury real estate firm in the Hamptons. Since then she has participated in real estate sales exceeding $1 Billion.
The Hamptons real estate market is dynamic, always evolving, and it is essential for a good agent to understand changing market conditions and trends in every category. Terry knows that buyers are smarter than ever, and to best serve their needs it’s essential for agents to respect the buyer’s knowledge, to understand each client’s unique needs, and to thoroughly understand the properties they represent.
Terry is dynamic and hardworking, and her knowledge base is constantly evolving. She deals with properties between one million and fifty million. Her integrity and loyalty have earned her repeat customers and personal relationships that endure well beyond the closing of the sale. These relationships that Terry has formed with the buyers, sellers and renters who continue to refer her and rely on her attentive service are the foundations of her success selling Hamptons real estate.
***GET IN TOUCH WITH TERRY***
Phone Number: 631-804-6100
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.