Selling is not dwelling, and every detail matters.
Today, buyers are ruthless and looking for every way to cross your house off their list. If you want to compete in today’s market, your home must be picture perfect.
For sophisticated buyers, you need luxury appeal. Find out today’s strategies for making your home stand out with today’s guest, Dana Rice.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
- The steps involved to prep your home for the market [4:50]
- Staging a house can bring it to date with the current market [8:00]
- The discovery of one thing wrong can lead to the discovery of more [17:15]
- Luxury Real Estate is not just luxury in price, it’s about the experience too [21:50]
- “Staging is not a fun thing to do, it’s just a fancy word for moving.” – Dana Rice
- “Change the home from living condition to selling condition.” – Rob Jensen
- “Your house is no longer a home, it’s a retail establishment.” – Dana Rice
- “Selling is not dwelling” – Dana Rice
- “If one thing is wrong, what else is wrong?” – Rob Jensen
- “More choices can make decisions harder.” – Rob Jensen
- “I know you have time, but there are no half measures.” – Dana Rice
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Armed with a degree in journalism and a deep history of sales success at Fortune 500 companies, Dana Rice brings a storyteller’s touch and reporter’s insight to the marketing of homes.
Her 25+ years of marketing, advertising and negotiating skills, plus local DC Metro knowledge, translates into helping buyers and sellers make the best, most informed decisions about real estate.
A real estate investor at first, Dana bought, renovated, and sold a number of properties for her own account. With the decision to make real estate a full-time profession, Dana formed the Dana Rice Group, affiliated with Compass in Washington, D.C. where she is Senior Vice President, and has been named one of Washingtonian’s Best Agents and Top Producers since the inception of her business.
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.