2020 is an election year, which means buyers and sellers alike will have concerns about election results and their effect on the economy.
In this episode, I talk to Michael LaFido—top-producing Realtor, author, and founder of Marketing Luxury Group— about how you can best prepare for selling amongst the uncertainty.
We also discuss how to determine whether you’re in a buyer’s market or a seller’s market, why first impressions are crucial, and how to make your home stand out in a crowded market.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER***
What an election year means for luxury real estate.
- Why it’s important to hire a creative real estate agent.
- How to determine if you’re in a slowing market.
- Questions you should ask to determine what kind of market you’re in.
- How to calculate “cumulative days on market” & why this number matters.
- The importance of objectivity—whether you’re buying or selling.
- What it means to have a true partnership with your agent.
- Things you can do to have more creative marketing in a buyer’s market.
- How to make your home stand out in the crowd.
- Common mistakes made by sellers.
- The power of first impressions.
- Why you shouldn’t rush a listing to market.
- One hidden benefit of open houses—even if nobody shows up.
- How to have the best internet curb appeal.
- Different types of property videos to consider.
- “In a buyer’s market, sellers have to do their due diligence and hire the best marketing agent available.” – Michael LaFido
- “Hire an agent with a proven track record.” – Michael LaFido
- “Come up with strategy so you don’t end up on the market for years.” – Rob Jensen
- “Before you go live on the MLS, take the time to make sure you’re leaving a good first impression.” – Michael LaFido
- “Days on market are toxic for a seller.” – Michael LaFido
- “If you’re thinking about selling next year, start interviewing agents now.” – Michael LaFido
- “Everyone’s first view of a house these days is online.” – Rob Jensen
***ABOUT THIS WEEK’S GUEST***
Michael LaFido is a top-producing Realtor and real estate consultant with over Eighteen years of experience in the real estate industry.
Michael’ marketing has been the featured cover story in Crain’s Chicago Business and highlighted in Forbes and FOX News Chicago Business Hour. He is also the author of the books “Luxury Listing Specialist” and “Marketing Luxury”.
Throughout his career, Michael learned the importance of high-caliber marketing versus “traditional marketing”, which has become pivotal to his success.
Over the past seventeen years, LaFido and his team have developed a method that takes a more comprehensive, and proactive approach when marketing a home.
***GET IN TOUCH WITH MICHAEL LAFIDO***
Email: [email protected]
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate. Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes. Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the president and owner/broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which exclusively specializes in working with buyers and sellers in 42 guard gated and select gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada. Rob’s 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He has served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.